In 1919 all Catholic Schools entered the national system of education which replaced the School Boards. The Education Department now provided food, clothing and books.
In 1919 there were 2554 pupils on the school roll.
In 1922 the Qualifying Examination was replaced by the Control Examination. Pupils who passed could go on to a five year course in a secondary school while the others attended a Junior Secondary School for two or three years.
As a result by 1930 the roll dropped to 500.
In 1929 Glasgow Corporation took control of local education.