In 1926-27 significant renovation and redecoration of the Church took place. Over £1500 (£54,742 by current standards) was spent on this work for which the Main Contractors were S&J Scott of West George Street.
The whole of the inside was repainted except for the large panel behind the altar and those at the side altars. Mr Duffie of Dumbarton renovated these works of art.
Astonishingly, the original decoration scheme for the church was still in existence and after consultation with the firm responsible, it was decided to repeat the original scheme.
Canon Fitzgerald was to note: “The exterior of the church was completely overhauled and renewed. It was found that the roof was in a very poor condition and many of the stones at the front of the church greatly decayed. These were taken out and replaced with new blocks of Northumberland stone”
The steps leading to the church bore eloquent testimony to the piety of the faithful. These steps were removed and replaced with new ones.
The porch was in a very unsightly condition. The stone flooring was entirely removed and replaced with black and white marble tiles. These helped to brighten the church entrance considerably. They are still there today.
In 1927 the large crucifix seen at the Sacred Heart side of the church was placed there by Father Ignatius CP. The statue of St. Teresa of the Child Jesus was added in 1933.