Back row – Miss Sheridan Mr Colgan Miss Kelly Miss Convery Mr Quigly
Front row – Miss Hoey Mr O’Hagan Brother Casimir Brother Jerome Miss Kea
Two women teachers joined the staff in 1900 for a short period.
In 1900 the Scottish Education Department introduced new training for those aspiring to join the teaching profession.
The training consisted of a full secondary school course leading to a Leaving Certificate and three years in Training College. Pupil teacher training was thus phased out.
The school curriculum was stabilised by the Qualifying Examination for twelve year olds. Those who passed went to the Supplementary Class for two years and sat the Merit Certificate examination at the end of it. Algebra, geometry, elementary science and woodwork were additional subjects.