In 1914 the new school building was completed on the site of the old school building and in 1919 was valued for the sake of the transfer to local authority control.
The building was valued at £23,399 (in 2002 this was the equivalent of £665,627). The transaction for the sale of the properties did not finalise until 1929 when the local authority paid £29,000 for the property, including the land and the playgrounds.
The school closed in 1990 due to falling numbers and need for extensive repairs. The building was demolished soon afterwards.